Happy New Year to all of you in the #JobAdviceSA community! We are delighted to announce that we are welcoming a new Co-Host to #JobAdviceSA chat in 2021 – our regular guest expert @EnnieChipembere
Ennie has been an incredibly valuable guest on #JobAdviceSA chat for the last year, so we were overjoyed that she agreed to become co-host and share her knowledge with our community on a more regular basis in 2021.
Ennie is an experienced Career and Executive Leadership Coach with 15 years in this field and a documented 750 hours of individual coaching sessions. She is a Global Development Worker, who is a collaborative senior leader with 20 years’ International NGO experience. Her strengths are in process design and facilitation, gender analysis, programme design and developing strategy, as well as building and leading strong teams. She has led initiatives to develop good quality, impactful, long-term social justice and humanitarian programmes, in person, in 35 countries. She is a globally recognized and award-winning Learning and Development expert with a track record of developing impactful learning programs that strengthen the organisations’, staff and partners’ capacity in 44 countries.
While the above is Ennie’s professional location, she has also for the last 15 years developed and run a lean social enterprise where she gifts her time and skills listed above, as social contribution to 1000s of people daily. This is done via WhatsApp and her social media platforms, as well as NGO and leadership development programs she contributes to through partnerships in Southern Africa. The free self-coaching resources she develops or content she curates is shared on Twitter, Instagram: enniecoach, Facebook: www.facebook.com/EnnieCareerCoach/ and her blog: www.ennielifecoach.com.
Ennie’s life purpose is to facilitate processes that equip individuals and organizations to fulfil their mission. Her vision is that in 10 years, her work, models, knowledge products and institute are institutionalized and used on the African continent by individuals who are living a meaningful life and organisations committed to human development. She is guided by the following values: Honesty and integrity in all transactions; a belief in the potential of people and their collectives/networks; lifelong learning and hard work and authenticity towards any commitments made. To achieve all the above, Ennie leans on her core competencies, a strong network of support, her spirituality and practicing what she expects of others.
All the above is the reason she got involved with #JobAdviceSA. There is alignment of purpose and it fits with her approach of gifting her time and skills where valued as part of social contribution.
We sat down with Ennie to ask her some questions which would reveal more about her personally:
- What is the meaning of your surname – Chipembere?
- What would be an appropriate movie title for the story of your life?
- What is the top of your bucket-list?
- Two weeks holiday in Phuket, Thailand
- What’s the last movie you watched or book you read? What would you rate it out of 5?
- Bad Boys 3 and I would rate it 4/5
- What is your favourite #JobAdviceSA memory?
- The first one in January 2020 when I was the guest resource person for the first time. It was an exhilarating experience, so fast paced, but very good learning experience.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would you go?
- The Philippines
- Who was, or is, the most influential person in your life?
- My mother
- If money was not a consideration, what job would you be doing right now?
- Career Coach
- Tell us an interesting fact about you that not many people know?
- I love to dance
- What is your favourite music artist/song/album?
- Anything that gets my body to move and touches my heart and soul
- What is your favourite sport and what team do you support?
- Soccer/football; I have no favourite team, I usually cheer for the underdog
- What’s your claim to fame?
- Coaching online for free
- Which charit(ies) do you support?
- ActionAid International; Graca Machel Trust
- What’s your favourite food?
- I like home cooked comfort food
- What is your burning ambition in life/your career?
- For career services to be integrated in the curriculum in schools and colleges, as well as offered for those in employable age, by government as recognised contribution to education and economic policy.
Join us on Monday 18th January from 4-5pm when we will be holding the first #JobAdviceSA chat of 2021. You can join the chat by following the hashtag and looking out for the questions that will be posted by @JobAdviceSA
Whilst the questions will be answered by our co-hosts @TimJBarry and @EnnieChipembere and our community of experts you are also welcome to answer the questions by replying with A1, A2, A3, etc. and including the hashtag in your tweet.
The topic and questions for the chat will be posted soon and we look forward to tweeting with next week!