In this installment of our series of interviews with the co-hosts of #JobAdviceSA chat we quizzed Wesley Madziva, Social Media Keynote Speaker, Blogger and Trainer.
- What is the meaning of your first name? The “Wes” portion of the name refers to the Western cardinal direction, while the word “lea” refers to a field, pasture, or other clearing in a forest. Thus, the name’s origin refers to a “western lea,” or a field to the west. Therefore the name Wesley means: “from the west meadow.” Probably I got named after the founder of the Methodist Church – John Wesley
- What would be an appropriate movie title for the story of your life? A nomad in a post-apocalyptic world
- What is the top of your bucket-list? Strangely enough I do not have a bucket-list, I just wake up and go. #Nomadic
- What’s the last book you read? What would you rate it out of 5? The Book of Enoch 5/5
- What is your favourite #JobAdviceSA memory? Every time we trend, especially Numero Uno.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would you go and why? Mount Kenya. It’s hiding secrets.
- Who was, or is, the most influential person in your life? Paul Mwazha. An Apostle not of men, neither by man..
- If money was not a consideration, what job would you be doing right now? Live on a campsite and travel to our different congregations on earth.
- Tell us an interesting fact about you that not many people know? I used to lead prayers before and after meals at boarding school
- What are your favourite songs? “Abide with Me” and “Fast Falls the Eventide.”
- What’s your claim to fame? Empowering Sourcing Geniuses
- Who is the person that you admire the most and why? Searching……. 43% complete
- Which charity do you support? I do not let my left hand know what my right hand is doing
- What’s your favourite food/favourite drink? Pap with fried green vegetables (Kale) and well done grilled beef steak served with Coke Zero and malva pudding (custard / ice cream topping)
- What is your burning ambition in life/your career? My ambition in life is to aspire to live quietly, mind my own affairs and work with my hands as I was instructed so that my daily life will gain the respect of outsiders and I will not be dependent on anyone.
Make sure that you join us for the next #JobAdviceSA chat at 4pm on Monday 5th November and stay tuned for the last in our series of interviews with the co-hosts next week in which we will be speaking to Tim Barry!