By now you should know all about what the #JobAdviceSA co-hosts do for a living (and if you don’t all you need to do is check out their Twitter bios and/or LinkedIn profiles!), but do you know what makes them tick as individuals? To answer this question we decided to interview each other to give you an insight into our personalities.
First up is the new girl, Elzette Fourie, well relatively new as she has been a member of the #JobAdviceSA team for a year now!
- What is the meaning of your first name? Not sure of the meaning, but rumour has it the first part is from my mom’s first name, and the second part is from her maiden name.
- What is the top of your bucket-list? To travel more.
- What’s the last book you read? What would you rate it out of 5? When Women Were Warriors – Catherine M. Wilson. I rate it 5 out of 5.
- What is your favourite #JobAdviceSA memory? When I received a call from Vanessa to be part of the #JobAdviceSA team. It’s been such a great experience so far!
- If you could visit anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would you go and
why? Florence. I’ve always wanted to go there I’ve heard such romantic stories about the city, its architecture and history. I’ve also always wanted to see the Northern Lights.
- Who was, or is, the most influential person in your life? My girlfriend has been a constant positive in my life for a few years now. She is most inspiring in terms of doing what is best for the planet and animals. I am in awe of what she has given up to be the best version of herself she can be, to do her part.
- If money was not a consideration, what job would you be doing right now? I’d love to work in Nature Conservation. I wanted to study this when I left school, but life and financial constraints got in the way. . .I guess it’s not too late.
- Tell us an interesting fact about you that not many people know I love nerding out on boardgames like Lords of Waterdeep, Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride.
- Who is your favourite type of music and artist? If Eddie Vedder sings it, I love it. South African artists – Jak Thomas (Joshua Grierson) and Lo-Ghost
- What is your favourite sport and what team do you support? Roller Derby. Obviously Iron Meisies (Cape Town) or Team ZA.
- What’s your claim to fame? My role in the recruitment industry is pretty niche; I’m not aware of any other freelancing recruitment advertisers offering services like mine to the HR and Recruitment Industries.
- Who is the industry leader that you admire the most and why? I’ve learnt a lot from Katrina Collier, Audra Knight and Katrina Kibben.
- Which charities do you support? Beauty Without Cruelty. Anything that supports the non-use of palm oil. Sea Shepherd South Africa. Green Peace Africa. Greenpop
- What’s your favourite food and favourite drink? Anything without sun-dried tomatoes or cooked raisins is a win for me. Drink wise, I’m quite partial to a good cup of tea.
- What is your burning ambition in your career and in life in general? To be the go-to person for what I do best, recruitment advertising, marketing, employer branding and social media recruitment in South Africa. In life, to stay true to who I am and to have the ability to slowly influence people around me to be kinder to one another, to animals and the planet.
A big thank you to Elzette for volunteering to be the first person interviewed for the #JobAdviceSA blog and for revealing a side to herself that our followers have not seen before. Make sure you join us for our next Twitter chat on Monday 22nd October at 16h00 which Elzette will be hosting and stay tuned for the next interview with one of the co-hosts next week!